Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Book Trailers

Ok, so thanks to James Dashner, I've discovered what's a new concept for me.

The book trailer.

It's not the first time I've seen one. G. Norman Lippert did it to unprecedented success. But then, it helped that everyone thought his book was written by J.K. Rowling.

Still, the idea is intriguing to me. I've done what self-promotion an author who is not self-publishing can do. I have the technical expertise to make one. Why not?

Is it a good idea, though? Part of me thinks the whole trailer thing is stupid. Part of me thinks it's cool if your name is James Patterson, or if you've actually published your book.

I don't know. What do you guys think? Would you be interested in seeing a trailer for The Ledger Domain?

Comment back and let me know.

No comments: