Inspiring Me Today: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
In my previous post in this series, I
|(it's a Star Trek reference, for the uninitiated)|
I don't know if there's one single most important question. So here are a few:
That's all I can think of right now, but those are important.
- Does the agent want to rep you for just this one project or are they intersted in your other ideas and your career as a whole?
- What happens if this project doesn't sell? Do they shop your next project or let you go?
- Who handles their subrights and books to film?
- What happens if (god forbid) something happens to your agent (they get sick, stop agenting, win the lotto)? Who handles your stuff then?
- How communicative is the agent? How much do they share with the writer? How do they prefer to communicate (via email or phone?)
- How editorial is the agent?